People say, “You can’t judge a book by a cover.” But in the world of online publishing, the first impression created by a book cover often means the difference between a book’s failure or its commercial success. In episode 08 of the Indie Author’s Journey Podcast, we talk with award-winning book cover designer and international bestselling author Amanda Matthews about several things to consider when choosing a cover for your book.
Topics In this Episode:
- The process of starting work with a cover designer.
- Should you follow the tropes or do something startling?
- Important things to consider about branding.
- Options if you’re on a budget.
- Facing writer self-doubt when you’re having success.
- Dealing with the pressure to write fast.
- Being true to your own process.
- Accountability when writing.